Sumac Over the Pond

Sumac Over the Pond

June 29, 2015

SUMMER TIME FLOWERS AND FAWNS

It's been a busy week for me so I'm just catching up and wanted to share good news with you.  Last week my hubby was driving down our road and saw the three legged deer I had mentioned many weeks ago in my posts and he thought she had a fawn with her.  Sure enough this week I spotted her again on the town road in the same area not far from home and she was indeed accompanied by a fawn of her own!
































It is easy to tell the three legged deer from the others because since she has one front leg missing at the knee, her stance always makes her appear as if she is standing "down hill".   We hadn't seen her for over a month and now we know why...  she's been busy!

Summer is here with ox-eye daisies scattered in the fields and along the pond dike.  The daisies are complimented by Indian paintbrush and yellow hawk weed and many other little wild flowers.   This spring with all the rain we've had ,wild flowers are abundant.



It's that time of year when the cranberries are also in full blossom.  We have a few stray vines on the dike around our pond and in late September if I'm lucky I can pick enough cranberries to make a batch of muffins or cranberry cake.  The cranberry blossoms are pretty in their own way and small in size.  

Enjoy summer while it lasts, we know it will go by way too quickly!


Wisconsin Cranberry Blossoms

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your own cranberries! How lovely! r

    ReplyDelete