Sumac Over the Pond

Sumac Over the Pond

March 10, 2015

MARCH SPRING THOUGHTS

Spring has sprung early.  This is what many of us have waited for with temperatures this week in the 50's.  What little snow we've had this winter is quickly disappearing, leaving thoughts of spring on our doorsteps.  This is the kind of weather that gives us spring fever.  And just what is that?

I would best describe spring fever as a kind of achy feeling that hits you right in the gut.  It brings out a longing for something you've been missing and it rekindles the hope of being able to enjoy the outdoors in comfort, without a winter coat.  Spring fever can be activated by a little warm breeze and sunshine and leaves you with a longing for wild flowers, sandhill cranes flying overhead, apple blossoms, pussy willows, green grass, or green anything. 



Today I'm sitting by my favorite oak tree north of Tom's Creek.  I'm celebrating the sure arrival of spring with a bug crawling on my journal in this now snowless woods that surrounds me, and I'm celebrating life!  I hope you are too.



So often I feel frightened, anxious, leery - but right now I feel wonderful and I plan to bottle up these current emotions and save them for a rainy day.  Right now I need one of those big old glass water bottles, the kind people save pennies in.  It's a grand day!







Isn't it amazing what a little spell of March warm weather can do!

1 comment:

  1. excellent story , keep writing , waiting for more.
    love your sis

    ReplyDelete