Sumac Over the Pond

Sumac Over the Pond

February 24, 2015

A LITTLE FEAR IS O.K.

Today is the first day I've been able to journal outside in weeks.  The temperature is 30 degrees and it's sunny with strong winds blowing.  My ink pen keeps skipping but I don't feel like writing with a pencil.


As I walked to the knoll here today I saw many fresh wolf tracks along Tom's Creek.  I actually felt a tiny twinge of fear so I picked up a walking stick and carried it across the creek with me on my hike.  Sometimes it's o.k. to admit you have a little bit of fear.  I had hoped to get my chest port removed this week, but my number was up a little yesterday, so my doctor said "no".  There is just a little bit of fear with that too.                        

  Look at the size of these tracks!

Today I'm focusing on the wind and how it blows the tree tops all around.  I see the tiny white pine trees dance back and forth and tall popple tree tops sway around almost in half circles, first in one direction and then back in the other.  Their light colored bark is beautiful against the blue sky lit up by the sun light.  The oak trees don't seem to sway much at all.  Perhaps an oak tree is the kind to be when there is a little fear, a little danger in your heart.





The noisy wind is keeping the birds and critters in hiding because it doesn't let them hear very well.  They need to stop and listen when they are out and about, so they feel safe.  It looks like it's just the trees and me today on the knoll... and the wind.  I'm o.k. with that.  We'll take one day at a time and see where it leads us.



NOTE: When strong winds blow in the forest, watch out for widow makers.   
Or...   Watch out for falling branches that can hurt you.

Here's a special "hello" to Mrs. Stone's 2nd grade class.   Next week I'm going to share a story about my brother's encounter with a black bear in wintertime - just for you.  Thank you for following my blog!      Kay


1 comment:

  1. BIG Tracks! A little fear, in the corporate world they call that "tension in the line". It is used to keep things running smoothly.
    Love your post, as always!
    R

    ReplyDelete